- Category: Shopping
- Created on Wednesday, 08 August 2012 14:03
- Hits: 7363
Jumbo Stores is the most successful chain in Greece, selling toys, houseware, swimwear, office equipment, beauty items etc. It's practically the best place to look if you want something cheap to do your work.
Jumbo Stores started in Athens in 1986 as a toy store and has expanded throughout Greece, Cyprus and Bulgaria with huge stores selling nowadays more-or-less everything.
- At Oreokastro, at the 6th km of the Thessaloniki-Oreokastro Road.
- At the Port, at 26th October 43 (close to the Vilka Complex)
- Next to the Chalkidiki Highway, at Marinou Antypa 8 (at the exit towards Thermi)
As with all stores in Thessaloniki, the opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 09:00-21:00
As you might expect, expect the stores to be busy every Saturday morning, around the opening of schools at September and, of course, by Christmas.
What can you find at Jumbo stores? Glad you asked...
- Toys, of course. Only that nowadays toys account only for about 30% of the stores' area. You can find really cheap things from 50 cents there.
- Candles, jars, coloured sand etc
- Kitchenware, from kitchen utensils to washing-up liquid (!)
- Beauty items, such as hairbands etc.
- School supplies – pencils, pens, notebooks, bags etc., at a bigger variety around September.
- Swimwear, beach balls, inflatable sea toys etc. during summer
- Christmas items from October onwards
- Fancy costumes for the carnival, at February
You can find practically everything – the stores' greatest advantage is their rock-bottom prices and many people prefer it for this, in spite of its rather chaotic structure. However, it is highly recommended for your holiday supplies, especially if you have children!
...You Also May Be Interested In...